If your company has ever chosen Aruba as a MICE destination, you already know it has a lot going for it in terms of some of the world’s most perfect weather and so many different activities to enjoy. Now there’s something else you can add to the list of reasons for making Aruba your go-to MICE destination – the connection between being happy and living longer! Aruba is engaged in a major campaign to highlight the benefits of happiness and how Aruba is one of the happiest places on earth, and for good reason.
Aruba is already known around the world by its nickname – One Happy Island – and now scientists are weighing in on how happiness actually makes people live longer. It’s not an easy area to study scientifically because happiness (or well-being, as the researchers prefer) is a very subjective concept. Still, everyone has known for a long time that constant stress, anxiety, and other negative emotions take a very real toll on human health, putting people at greater risk of all kinds of illnesses and diseases that can take years off your life. Now it’s time to show how more positive emotions can add years to your life.
Harvard scientists have shown that positive emotions and mental health decrease the risk of heart disease by nearly half. Another study of older people reported on at the 2011 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences showed that the least happy people were twice as likely to die within the next five years than the ones who were the most happy. Yet another study of 7,000 regular people showed that those with fewer social ties (a major component of happiness) were twice as likely to die in the following ten years.
While it’s clear that happiness is a whole lot healthier than unhappiness, how do you go about making sure you’re happy, and what do you do if you’re naturally not a very happy person? The good news is that only 10% of your happiness is determined by external factors beyond your control, which means the other 90% is all about your inner environment. Of that, about half your happiness is genetically determined, but that still leaves nearly half of your inner environment’s happiness to be determined by things that you intentionally choose.
It’s comforting to know you can play a role in putting your company’s valued employees on a journey to happiness that will make them live longer, and what better stop could you make on that journey than a place that’s already known as One Happy Island?
When you choose Aruba as a MICE destination, you’ll want to partner with a destination management service that has the insider expertise on-site to make every detail of the event or trip one that create happy memories that last a lifetime, and help make those lifetimes longer as well! ECO DMS is your full-service destination management partner on One Happy Island. With more than 100 years of combined destination management experience and a 29-year history of operations on Aruba, we know everything needed to make your event or trip a resounding success. Contact ECO DMS now for a free quote for your next trip to Aruba!
Vote for our AMAZING Orange team. Help us win a Stella Award for being the BEST DMC in the Caribbean. 1.Click the link, 2.Register, 3.VOTE Best DMC Int'l & U.S. Spread the word! #ecodms #TheStellaAwards #StellaAwards2018 ow.ly/jnTP30kvyJ4
It's time to vote for our wonderful team of Orange Polos! You can help us win a Stella Award and help us get recognized for: Being the leading DMC in the Dutch Caribbean because as you know, "We Make It Happen"! Award Category: Best DMC (Regional) –... bit.ly/2rS3xFf
When it’s time for your company to select a destination for its next #MICETravel program, along with a #DestinationManagement company, this video shows why #Aruba, #Curaçao and Eco Dms Aruba Curacao is a winning... facebook.com/ecodms/videos/…
When it’s time for your company to select a destination for its next #MICETravel program, along with a #DestinationManagement company, this video shows why #Aruba, #Curaçao and Eco Dms Aruba Curacao is a winning combination:... youtu.be/dB4nU7D7tbs
BIG SHOUT OUT TO OUR TEAM that was out there last night covering multiple client needs at Hyatt, Hilton, & Ritz-Carlton. SPECIAL THANK YOU to those breaking down 4 events till 3am, that's what makes a team, that's what makes us a success & our clients happy! We make it happen!